You must be 16 years old to work at Action Kids.
Daily schedules vary for full time and part time staff. Full days are between 7:00– 6:00. Half days are either 7:00-1:00 or 1:00 to 6:00. You may be asked to arrive at 7:00 for early care or stay until 6:00 for our after camp program.
Salaries vary depending upon position and experience
We prefer that our summer staff have experience working with children, but it is not a prerequisite.
The skills that make a successful counselor are:
- The ability to work well with children of all ages.
- The belief that you can make a difference in the life of a child.
- The willingness and ability to foster self-esteem, cooperation, courage, responsibility and FUN!
- The ability to work well in close proximity with others.
- A love of the outdoors – in all weather conditions.
- The ability to take charge and motivate others.
- Creativity, patience, kindness, cooperation and spirit.
- The ability and willingness to be a positive role model.
- The willingness to pitch-in and go the extra mile…