American Red Cross Junior Lifeguarding is a precursor to the Lifeguard training and is designed for youth aged 11 to 14.
This course will introduce the participants to the Lifeguard curriculum and begin to build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. Participants are not required to master or perfectly execute skill,. They will learn lifesaving techniques and build stamina during this program.
Junior Lifeguarding will introduce participants to:
- The skills needed for entry to the American Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
- Communication and decision-making skills.
- The basic responsibilities of a lifeguard.
- The basic knowledge and skills required to be a lifeguard.
- Certify participants in CPR and First Aid